Here are 6 tips that can help you overcome anxiety and phobias:
1. Allow yourself to sit with your fear for 2 to 3 minutes. Say “it’s OK”, and know that you are allowing yourself to feel it but that you also wish to move on. #mindset
2. Write down the things you are grateful for. Doing this allows you to take your mind to a more positive place.
3. Remind yourself that your anxiety is a storehouse of wisdom. Sometimes we’re anxious and fearful because we are unsure of what will happen. But if we switch the mindset into seeing what the lesson may be then we teach ourselves to view it differently.
4. Exercise. I know it’s always annoying to see that word when you’re not an active person. However, doing exercises allows your mind to release endorphins. If you’re not in an area to exercise, then go take a walk or massage your temples to stay grounded.
5. Use humor to deflate your worst fears. I truly believe laughter cures the soul. Ask yourself what’s the worst thing that could happen? And then laugh about it or think of something funny.
6. Appreciate your courage. Tell yourself and believe that you are stronger than you think... and if all else fails, pray for strength to get through it.
If you’re having trouble coping with your mental health, please give us a call or visit us online at newerarehab.com to learn how we can assist you. We also offer online counseling for out-of-town clients.