Anxiety Therapy, Bridgeport, CT
Countless people live with anxiety every day, which accounts for a significant portion of mental health problems. You need to rely on an expert team to help you, and if you are looking for anxiety treatment in Bridgeport, Connecticut, our team can assist you. We are a New Era Rehabilitation Center, and we can provide you with the professional support and compassion you need to manage your anxiety with expert anxiety therapy in Bridgeport.
Learn more about some of the treatment services we offer below, and call us at 203-372-3333 to schedule an appointment with an expert from our team.
What Are the Signs You Need Anxiety Counseling?
Like other mental health issues, anxiety can impact people differently. Symptoms are not always going to show up in the same situations, and the symptoms are not always going to show up in the same conditions. Some of the signs that could indicate that you need anxiety therapy include the following:
- You may feel like you are always on edge, focusing on different aspects of your surroundings.
- You might find that your heart starts to race in specific situations when it should not.
- You may have difficulty concentrating because you are worried about what is happening around you.
- You may develop unexplained aches and pains, including stomach aches and headaches.
- You may have difficulty falling asleep because you are always worried about something.
Ultimately, if you worry so much that it is adversely impacting your overall quality of life, you should seek help from a professional team that can help you. There are multiple treatment options for anxiety; one of the most popular ones is anxiety therapy and counseling.
What Does Anxiety Disorder Therapy Look Like?
When you arrive for anxiety treatment or counseling, the first step is to provide you with the right diagnosis. We can provide you with the treatment you need by identifying the type of anxiety you are experiencing.
Even though there are some situations where prescription medications can be helpful, therapy is the mainstay treatment for anxiety. Specifically, cognitive behavioral therapy is one of the most effective forms of psychotherapy for anxiety. Generally, this type of therapy focuses on providing you with specific skills to address your symptoms, control them, and return to activities you might be avoiding because of your anxiety.
There are different ways that cognitive behavioral therapy might unfold, and it is important to work with someone with experience in this area. In addition, there are prescription medications that could help you address severe anxiety symptoms, including panic attacks. When you partner with an expert, you can develop a comprehensive treatment plan tailored to your needs.
How To Choose The Right Anxiety Therapist in Bridgeport, CT?
Selecting the right therapist for your anxiety in Bridgeport, CT , is crucial. When choosing a therapist for anxiety, it is important to consider a few factors, including:
- Let’s start by checking with your primary care doctor to see if they have any recommendations for therapists in the local area.
- You must ensure the therapist specializes in the type of treatment you need. Many therapists can treat mental health issues, but you need to find someone who specifically treats anxiety.
- You must always look for specific credentials and certifications before you partner with someone.
- Do not hesitate to sit down and talk with the therapist before investing in a long-term relationship. You must ensure that you and the therapist are on the same page. Communication is important during therapy.
- Also, check out some other patients’ reviews.
Remember that the right therapist for one person will not necessarily be the right therapist for you. There are differences in every therapist’s style, and you must feel comfortable sharing your opinions during the session. If you are looking for a therapist to help you address anxiety, count on our team here in Bridgeport, CT.
New Era Rehabilitation for Anxiety Therapy and Counseling in Bridgeport, CT
Stress can adversely impact your quality of life, but it is not something you need to deal with alone. When finding a team of professionals to help you treat your anxiety, look no further than New Era Rehabilitation Center. We proudly provide professional anxiety therapy and counseling treatment in Bridgeport, Connecticut. Contact us today to schedule a consultation to find out how we can assist you.