Trauma Therapy & Counseling in Connecticut
Experiencing an episode of abuse or trauma, or witnessing a traumatic event, can lead to significant emotional, psychological, and sometimes physical scars. While it can be difficult, you do not have to face it alone. We are New Era Rehabilitation in Connecticut and are here to address abuse trauma therapy & counseling faced by individuals and families residing in CT in Bridgeport and New Haven.
With access to a trauma-focused therapy professional, we can work closely with you, customizing your therapeutic recovery plan to meet your needs. Please become familiar with the benefits of working with our team, and reach out to us today at 203-344-0025 to schedule an appointment here in Connecticut.
What Constitutes a Traumatic Experience?
Many people in Connecticut wonder what constitutes a traumatic experience. It is not necessarily a one-size-fits-all approach, and the definition of abuse trauma can be broad.
Some of the most common examples of an abusive or traumatic experience include:
- You may have been exposed to combat while serving our country overseas.
- Perhaps you have been involved in a physical altercation at some point in the past.
- The experience of being in a motor vehicle accident may have been traumatic for you.
- You may have been abused physically, sexually, or emotionally.
Everyone reacts to trauma differently. People’s definitions of trauma may differ; therefore, one needs trauma therapy & counseling at New Era Rehabilitation Center, Connecticut.
What Are Some Important Factors in Abuse and Trauma Therapy?
Trauma therapy & counseling sessions vary based on the experiences of each individual. On the other hand, abuse, and trauma counseling often reveal common themes. Some of the common themes of abuse include:
- Regardless of the stage of life, trauma can affect an individual at any time.
- People may be exposed to traumatic events once, while others experience them repeatedly.
- You may have had no time to prepare for the experience before it took place.
- An abusive or traumatic experience often threatens your life, health, and safety.
- Your relationship with your family and friends may also be affected by the traumatic experience.
- There may have been a feeling that you had no control over it.
You may feel like some or all of the statements above describe what you are going through. Fortunately, you don’t have to go through the situation alone, as the professionals at New Era Rehabilitation Center in CT can help you overcome the events with therapy and counseling sessions.
What Are the Abuse and Trauma Signs To Look Out For When Opting For Trauma Counseling?
If you have gone through an abusive or traumatic experience, you need to schedule an appointment with a trained therapist as quickly as possible. Remember that there is no singular right or wrong way to respond to the situation. Everyone is going to react differently, but some of the signs that you need to reach out and ask for help include the following:
- It’s hard for you to get to sleep or stay asleep at night.
- You feel guilty or humiliated, even though you know it is not your fault.
- You may feel you have lost control over all areas of your life.
- Your emotions are difficult to control, and you mostly respond through anger and rage.
- You are coping with your feelings using alcohol or drugs.
If you reach out to our team, you can receive the appropriate care you deserve to live a healthy and happy life.
What Happens During A Trauma Therapy Counseling Session?
When you visit us for a trauma or abuse counseling session, there are different trauma-focused therapy approaches we might recommend. Some of the most common ones include:
- Post-traumatic stress therapy
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT)
- Family Counseling
- Marriage counseling
- Exposure therapy
Before recommending any sessions or therapy, we will take time to get to know you, understand your background, and customize our therapeutic approaches to meet your needs. Our sole objective is to provide you with the best recommendations and sessions for controlling and managing your symptoms so that you can recover faster. Let our experts guide you every step of the way.
Contact New Era Rehabilitation for Trauma Therapy in Connecticut
Our trauma therapists have unparalleled training and experience at New Era Rehabilitation Center in Connecticut. We can use that experience to customize the right trauma therapy plan for your needs. A team member is always there to guide you throughout the session, so if you or someone you know has gone through a traumatic experience, call us today for assistance and schedule an appointment. As your abuse trauma counselor, it would be our honor to provide you with compassionate, trauma-focused therapy.