Bipolar Disorder Therapy in Bridgeport, CT
If you’re considering bipolar disorder therapy in Bridgeport, congratulations on your first step to your healing journey. Embracing bipolar disorder counseling and working with expert bipolar disorder therapists to help you navigate the disorder is a brave and wise choice. Before deciding about your bipolar disorder counseling, it’s best to consider your treatment options and become informed about how bipolar disorder is diagnosed and treated.
Fortunately, the best bipolar disorder counseling options are customized to meet your needs. We offer multiple treatment options at New Era Rehabilitation, bipolar disorder therapy in Bridgeport.
Bipolar Disorder Counseling for Effective Treatment
There is no one-size-fits-all cure for bipolar disorder. No two patients experience it the same way; therefore, no single treatment option works best for everyone. In our bipolar disorder counseling program, we work with each patient to understand their symptoms, needs, and most urgent issues so our bipolar disorder therapists can help them determine a successful path forward.
Bipolar Disorder Treatment Options in Bridgeport, CT
Doctors and therapists may suggest one or more treatment options for patients with bipolar disorder. Treatment options can include:
- Learning awareness of your triggers which indicate an episode is coming
- Talk therapy, such as group therapy sessions and one-on-one cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT) sessions with bipolar disorder therapists
- Medication that prevents and treats bipolar disorder, including medication that eases bipolar disorder symptoms. These medications can include lithium, antipsychotic meds, and anticonvulsant meds. Doctors must carefully monitor dosage, considering most bipolar patients experience both depressive and manic episodes, which may be affected by medications.
Is Bipolar Disorder Treatable?
In the right circumstances, patients can overcome bipolar disorder with the support of their loved ones, friends, and bipolar disorder therapists. There are many tools and techniques you can use in concert to execute a successful treatment plan with the help of bipolar disorder counseling. These tools can help you manage mood swings, stabilize your moods, and conduct various types of relationships in healthy ways.
How do Doctors Diagnose Bipolar Disorder?
Doctors begin a diagnosis with your physiological symptoms. They’ll perform a regular physical and track all your symptoms; then, they may get blood tests done. It is because some physical disorders and issues may cause symptoms similar to (or on top of) bipolar disorder, and it’s important to identify and clear those first.
Once you finish the physical and blood tests, your doctor will begin a psychological evaluation, which largely discusses your symptoms, concerns, and how this perspective disorder affects your life. Discussions about symptoms may include:
- Mood swings: Do you frequently go from feeling great to not-so-great and vice versa? If so, this could indicate “cycling,” a major symptom of bipolar disorder.
- Depression: Do you exhibit typical symptoms of depression, such as a lack of interest in doing things you used to love and sleeping a lot? Depression is usually a key component of bipolar disorder.
- Mania: Are you prone to experiencing highs? Holding a lot of energy and getting a lot done? Making tons of plans? It could be mania.
When these mood swings and alterations are ongoing, they can become a mental health concern. It may indicate bipolar disorder and the need for bipolar disorder therapy in Bridgeport.
Getting Treatment for Bipolar Disorder in Bridgeport
Bipolar treatment options can include a combination of medication and talk therapy. At New Era Rehabilitation, we work with you to create a treatment plan that helps you feel empowered and ready to gain control of your life. We center on cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT) which allow you to sleep in the comfort of your home but work hard each day on your mental health with bipolar disorder therapists at our facility.
We also offer group therapy options, which let you experience a moderated discussion with others who share similar symptoms and issues when you commit to bipolar disorder therapy in Bridgeport.
Our one-on-one bipolar disorder counseling options give you direct time with bipolar disorder therapists who can help you navigate your established treatment plan. New Era is with you every step of the way with bipolar disorder counseling.
Talk to a Specialist for Bipolar Disorder Rehabilitation in Bridgeport, CT
Let’s move forward with treatment now. If you’re ready to improve your life and enter into bipolar disorder counseling, know that our facility will work to connect you with the bipolar disorder therapists best for your situation. You can focus on improving through CBT, group therapy that complements your doctor’s recommendations.
We can also help you with other mental health issues often accompanying bipolar disorder, such as anxiety, trauma, alcoholism, or other substance abuse issues. Start the first step in your journey now with New Era Rehabilitation. Contact us today.