Mental health issues are of significant concern in the current environment, but the good news is that multiple treatment options are available. Among the several mental problems, we understand that anxiety is also one of the major issues individuals feel, and at New Era Rehabilitation Center, we offer counseling treatment and anxiety therapy in Connecticut.
Our compassionate professionals have a tremendous amount of experience helping people address different types of anxiety disorders in Bridgeport and New Haven, Connecticut. Get in touch with us at 203-344-0025 to schedule an appointment and learn more about the services we offer.
Signs You Need Anxiety Treatment or Rehabilitation
Undoubtedly, we are all under significant stress, and it is not unusual to worry about issues from time to time. However, some signs may indicate you need professional anxiety support.
Some of the most common symptoms that you might notice include the following:
- Sometimes you may tighten up, leading to different muscle aches and pains. These aches and pains may not even be apparent to you.
- Your anxiety may cause you to toss and turn at night, thinking about the problems that bother you. You may suffer from tiredness and sleep deprivation.
- Anxiety can also cause you to sweat profusely. You may start sweating in certain situations.
- Anxiety can also cause you to shiver, shake, and tremble when you get nervous.
- If you feel like impending doom is hanging over your head, it is a sign that you might have anxiety.
- You might also notice that you hyperventilate in certain situations, and your heart rate increases dramatically.
- You start feeling restless most of the time
- Less concentration in anything that you do
- You often suffer from nausea and feel like puking
- Loss of appetite
- Stress eating
- Faster and irregular heartbeats
If you notice these signs and symptoms, it’s high time to reach out to a professional therapist who can help you address anxiety.
Options For Therapy For Anxiety Disorders In Connecticut
Most people believe anxiety sufferers must take prescription medications to deal with their problems. Even though there are some situations where prescription medications can be beneficial, that is not necessarily universal.
Plenty of treatment options are available for anxiety, and the gold standard of treatment is therapy. Therapists use various therapeutic methods, but cognitive behavioral therapy is the most popular treatment option for anxiety.
Cognitive behavioral therapy is usually shortened to CBT. This type of therapy focuses on getting to the root cause of why you have anxiety in the first place. Then, a therapist will work with you to change your thought patterns and address the root cause of your anxiety.
While CBT may be a part of your treatment plan, we may also use many other tools. Counseling may, for example, be recommended based on an individual’s needs. Alternatively, consider group therapy. We offer everything from family counseling to traditional and intensive outpatient therapy in Connecticut anxiety center – New Era Rehab.
Customized Treatment Plans for Each Patient
When it comes to healthcare, one treatment plan does not fit all. That’s why at New Era Rehabilitation Center, we personalize a treatment plan for each patient according to their cases. We are all different, with different bodies and healthcare requirements. Thus, we assess each patient’s situation and customize a treatment plan according to their diagnosis. At New Era Rehabilitation Center, our services include:
- Intensive Outpatient
- Substance abuse
- Outpatient counseling
- Group therapy
- Family Counseling
We tailor all our services and treatments to your particular needs. Contact us for further information on our service plans today!
Home Support Is Vital To Anxiety Treatment
Even though you will partner with a professional therapist who will guide you during the treatment process, you need to make sure that you have plenty of support outside of the treatment center as well. This means leaning on your family members and friends for help.
Your therapist can talk to you about opening up to your loved ones and asking them for help when needed. When you talk to your loved ones about anxiety, some of the most important points to keep in mind include the following:
- Find a Comfortable Setting: First, you need to find a comfortable setting where you feel at ease. That way, you can open up to your family members and friends about what you are going through.
- Ask Questions: Remember that your family and friends cannot get inside you and read your mind. They might need help understanding what you are talking about at first, so you should invite them to ask questions along the way. The more they learn, the more they will be able to support you.
- Tell Them You Need Help: Remind your family members and friends that you need their help. That way, you can build a strong support system that works with your professional therapy.
A strong support system at home is an integral part of a comprehensive anxiety treatment plan. We can also help you build a strong support system outside of treatment.
Benefits of Getting Anxiety Therapy
Anxiety can take a great toll on our mental well-being and destroy our social connections, impacting nearly every inch of our existence. If you’ve ever experienced a tight hold of anxiety, knowing you’re not walking this challenging path alone is comforting. Therefore, an anxiety therapist in CT is a lifeline for everyone fighting with anxiety. Some of the benefits of going through anxiety therapy are:
✓ Better Understanding of Your Anxiety
Sometimes, we have trouble understanding if it is stress that we are dealing with or if it’s anxiety. That’s why, with anxiety therapy, we understand the deeper issues of our problems. After understanding where our anxiety stems from, it becomes easier for us to move past it and understand what works best in controlling it.
✓ Coping Strategies
In the process of anxiety therapy, we not only address our anxiety but also get valuable coping strategies to manage it more effectively. These coping techniques can include breathing exercises for relaxation and other strategies that fit an individual’s needs.
✓ Getting Out Of Isolation
Feeling misunderstood and alone is very common when we are dealing with anxiety. We often feel like the only ones going through this rough patch, and nobody gets us. However, that is not true! Involving ourselves in anxiety therapy will help us connect with people going through similar issues. You start meeting people going through the same thing, which acts as a blanket of comfort.
✓ Better Perspectives
When dealing with anxiety, we often hyperventilate smaller issues and make them bigger than they are. With therapy, we gain perspectives into our thought processes that help us better deal with and process our anxiety and promote rational thinking.
✓ Increased Self-esteem
Anxiety can often promote self-doubt and negative self-talk within us, which directly contributes to lower self-esteem. Thus, therapy helps challenge these destructive thought patterns and regain self-esteem.
What to Expect from an Anxiety Therapist in CT
Starting anxiety therapy is a significant step, and having a sense of what to anticipate can be reassuring. So, let’s take a moment to outline what you can expect when you embark on anxiety therapy in Connecticut:
- Assessment – Your journey with an anxiety therapist starts with an initial assessment, where your therapist will get to know you and your situation better. They will ask relevant questions about your symptoms, triggers, and traumatic experiences.
- Treatment Goal – Once your therapist fully grasps your unique situation, they will collaborate with you to establish clear and achievable treatment goals. Think of these goals as your roadmap to conquering anxiety.
- Customized Treatment Plan – In anxiety therapy, it’s all about creating a treatment plan that’s uniquely yours. Your therapist won’t provide a one-size-fits-all solution; instead, they’ll design a plan tailored precisely to your individual needs.
- Developing Coping Skills – Your therapist becomes your partner in arming you with effective tools to confront anxiety head-on. Together, you’ll assemble a toolbox filled with strategies that truly resonate with you. Think of these strategies as your trusty companions, standing by to help you navigate life’s challenges.
- Regular Therapy – Your therapy sessions are a constant support system throughout your journey, typically occurring once a week. In these sessions, your therapist becomes a confidant you can rely on. It’s a haven where you’re free to share your thoughts and experiences related to anxiety openly.
Support and Empathy – At the heart of therapy is the therapeutic relationship. Your anxiety therapist is wholly dedicated to creating a space where you can openly explore your challenges without any fear of judgment. They’re there with steadfast support and unwavering empathy, accompanying you every step of the way as you progress through your treatment.
Consult Anxiety Therapists and Counseling Treatment in CT
If you are looking for anxiety treatment in Connecticut, it would be our pleasure to help you. We are a New Era Rehabilitation Center, and we have already helped countless people of different backgrounds address anxiety, and now, we are keen to help you as well. We can use our experience, training, and treatment options to help you control your anxiety, so contact us today to schedule an appointment.