Anxiety Therapy in Connecticut
Mental health issues are of significant concern in the current environment, but the good news is that multiple treatment options are available. Among the several mental problems, we understand that anxiety is also one of the major issues individuals feel, and at New Era Rehabilitation Center, Connecticut, we offer anxiety therapy and counseling treatment.
Our compassionate professionals have a tremendous amount of experience helping people address different types of anxiety disorders in Bridgeport and New Haven, Connecticut. Get in touch with us at 203-344-0025 to schedule an appointment and learn more about the services we offer.
Signs You Need Anxiety Treatment
Undoubtedly, we are all under significant stress, and it is not unusual to worry about issues from time to time. However, some signs may indicate you need professional anxiety support.
Some of the most common symptoms that you might notice include the following:
- Sometimes you may tighten up, leading to different muscle aches and pains. These aches and pains may not even be apparent to you.
- Your anxiety may cause you to toss and turn at night, thinking about the problems that bother you. You may suffer from tiredness and sleep deprivation.
- Anxiety can also cause you to sweat profusely. You may start sweating in certain situations.
- Anxiety can also cause you to shiver, shake, and tremble when you get nervous.
- If you feel like impending doom is hanging over your head, it is a sign that you might have anxiety.
- You might also notice that you hyperventilate in certain situations, and your heart rate increases dramatically.
If you notice these signs and symptoms, it’s high time to reach out to a professional therapist who can help you address anxiety.
Options for Therapy for Anxiety Disorders In Connecticut
Most people believe that individuals suffering from anxiety must take prescription medications to deal with their problems. Even though there are some situations where prescription medications can be beneficial, that is not necessarily universal.
There are plenty of treatment options available for anxiety, and the gold standard of treatment is therapy. Therapists use various therapeutic methods, but cognitive behavioral therapy is the most popular treatment option for anxiety.
Cognitive behavioral therapy is usually shortened to CBT. This type of therapy focuses on getting to the root cause of why you have anxiety in the first place. Then, a therapist will work with you to change your thought patterns and address the root cause of your anxiety.
While CBT may be a part of your treatment plan, we may also use plenty of other tools. Counseling may, for example, be recommended based on an individual’s needs. Alternatively, consider group therapy. We offer everything from family counseling to traditional and intensive outpatient therapy in Connecticut.
Home Support is Vital to Anxiety Treatment
Even though you will partner with a professional therapist who will guide you during the treatment process, you need to make sure that you have plenty of support outside of the treatment center as well. This means leaning on your family members and friends for help.
Your therapist can talk to you about opening up to your loved ones and asking them for help when needed. When you talk to your loved ones about anxiety, some of the most important points to keep in mind include the following:
- Find a Comfortable Setting: First, you need to find a comfortable setting where you feel at ease. That way, you can open up to your family members and friends about what you are going through.
- Ask Questions: Remember that your family and friends cannot get inside you and read your mind. They might need help understanding what you are talking about at first, so you should invite them to ask questions along the way. The more they learn, the more they will be able to support you.
- Tell Them You Need Help: Remind your family members and friends that you need their help. That way, you can build a strong support system that works with your professional therapy.
A strong support system at home is an integral part of a comprehensive anxiety treatment plan. We can also help you build a strong support system outside of treatment.
Anxiety Therapy and Counseling Treatment in CT to Help You
If you are looking for anxiety treatment in Connecticut, it would be our pleasure to help you. We are a New Era Rehabilitation Center, and we have already helped countless people of different backgrounds address anxiety, and now, we are keen to help you as well. We can use our experience, training, and treatment options to help you control your anxiety, so contact us today to schedule an appointment.