Trauma Therapy in New Haven, CT
Everyone deserves access to reliable mental health treatment when needed, and our team would be happy to help you. We, New Era Rehabilitation Center, provide abuse trauma counseling and trauma-focused therapy in New Haven, CT. We understand that everyone responds differently to traumatic experiences, and we can customize your mental health treatment to meet your needs.
Learn more about our comprehensive services, and contact us today at 203-344-0025 to schedule an appointment.
Let us provide you with the mental health support you deserve in New Haven, CT.
Traumatic Experiences Can Take Many Forms
Most people feel that there is a very narrow definition of trauma. Some people even feel it doesn’t count as a traumatic experience unless you have witnessed extreme violence. In reality, that is not the case. Because everyone responds differently to a traumatic experience, the definition of trauma can vary significantly from person to person.
It is possible to describe traumatic experiences in a few ways. The following are some of them, but not all:
- As a military member, you may have experienced combat overseas.
- A fistfight or physical altercation may have happened to you at some point.
- Exposure to a natural disaster, such as an earthquake, wildfire, hurricane, or tornado, could be a dramatic experience.
- In the past, you may have been involved in or witnessed a serious motor vehicle accident.
- You may have also been abused emotionally, physically, or verbally.
Because everyone responds differently to traumatic experiences, the definition of a traumatic experience can vary significantly from person to person. In New Haven, Connecticut, a trauma counselor would help you process everything you’ve been through.
How Do Trauma and Abuse Impact Your Life?
You might feel like you can remain mentally tough and continue your life. While that might be a strong temporary measure, a traumatic experience can significantly impact your quality of life.
Traumatic experiences and abuse of any form can have very real effects on you, including:
- Sleeping at night may be difficult for you, making it challenging to wake up feeling rested the next day.
- You may notice that you need help with eating full meals.
- During the day, you may need help concentrating on everything you need to do.
- Your family and friends may suffer from difficulty controlling your emotions, causing damage to your relationships.
If you do not address these issues, they will only worsen. That is why you need to reach out to an abuse and trauma counselor in New Haven, CT, who can help you.
Center for Trauma Therapy and Counseling in New Haven, CT
If you have experienced trauma, you should seek help from a mental health professional. One of the major benefits of trauma therapy and counseling at New Era Rehab in New Haven, CT, is that it can be customized to meet your needs. A few examples of therapy that could be helpful for someone who has gone through a dramatic experience include:
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy: Usually shortened to CBT, this therapy attempts to get to the root cause of what happened and address behavioral changes that could positively impact your quality of life.
- Group Therapy: There are some situations where it’s beneficial to listen to what other people have gone through and learn how they have coped with those experiences.
- Family Therapy: You can also benefit from a family therapy, particularly if your relationship with your loved ones has been impacted by what you have gone through.
- Post-Trauma Stress Therapy: As the name suggests, this therapy can be particularly beneficial for people diagnosed with PTSD.
- Exposure Therapy: It may be possible for you to overcome your fears and anxieties by exposing yourself to what you have experienced gently. This specific type of therapy should only be performed by a trained professional.
Get more information about how these therapeutic options can benefit you; count on the New Era Rehabilitation Center team in New Haven, CT.
Find Trauma Counseling and Therapy Programs in New Haven, CT
If you have been or know someone involved in a traumatic experience, you need to reach out to a qualified mental health professional specializing in this area. New Era Rehabilitation Center in New Haven, CT, provides trauma-focused therapy and counseling to those who need it, so feel free to contact us anytime.