Do you have a complicated relationship with food or do you struggle to maintain a healthy diet? Eating disorders are a type of mental disorder which affects the emotional and physical health. It can occur to any age, gender, race, all types of body weights, shapes and sizes. If you are struggling with any kind of disorder such as anorexia, bulimia, or binge eating disorder (BED), embark on a life-changing journey at New Era Rehabilitation with an eating disorder treatment in Connecticut.
Discover the beacon of hope in Connecticut for conquering eating disorders! At New Era Rehab, our experts are passionate about helping people in ways no one else can. They do this daily by giving them the best support and guidance possible.
Fear not, warriors of anorexia, bulimia, binge eating, and more—our compassionate approach recognizes that your path to triumph is uniquely yours. Here at New Era, we craft that path together, combining the wisdom of doctors, therapists, and nutritionists to offer you a treasure trove of evidence-based therapies.
What Is An Eating Disorder Treatment Like?
At New Era Rehab, our eating disorder treatment in Connecticut provides a comprehensive and personalized care experience for individuals struggling with disorders related to eating, including anorexia, bulimia, and binge eating. Our treatment center offers a safe and nurturing environment conducive to recovery and well-being. Our skilled and compassionate team of professionals utilizes evidence-based therapies and treatments alongside our approach to eating disorder counseling and treatment that focuses on the person, addressing their mental and physical health needs.
Eating Disorder Treatment in Connecticut for Adolescents
Factors like peer pressure, societal expectations of unrealistic body standards, and social media influence have contributed to the alarming increase in eating disorders among young individuals. Young people aged 10 to 19 are highly susceptible to this disorder as they go through physical and emotional changes. Similarly, during this phase, they also search for their identity and validation from others. These factors increase the risk of eating disorders among young people.
At New Era Rehabilitation Center, we recognize how urgent this issue is and specialize in providing the finest eating disorder treatment in Connecticut for adolescents. Our professionals are adept at understanding adolescents’ special needs and challenges when navigating the roads to recovery. With such understanding, they can provide tailored support throughout the treatment.
Moreover, we also prioritize the involvement of family during treatment. Through Family Based Treatment (FBT), we help family members understand what their loved one is going through and how they can support them.
When Is Treatment For Eating Disorders/Anorexia Necessary?
Anorexia and other eating disorders may require treatment in certain circumstances. Here are some key contributing factors:
- Experience dizziness, fainting spells, heart palpitations, and electrolyte imbalance
- Psychological Distress
- Resistance to Treatment
- Impaired Social Functioning
- Prior Hospitalizations
Are Eating Disorders Treatable, and What are the Different Kinds Of Eating Disorders?
Eating disorders are complex mental health conditions affecting millions of people worldwide. These disorders can be life-threatening and often require comprehensive support and care, such as eating disorder treatment in Connecticut, to help individuals overcome their struggles. At New Era Rehab, we understand the complexity of these disorders and the importance of providing our clients with the best possible care through eating disorder counseling and treatment.
✓ Anorexia Nervosa
Individuals with anorexia fear gaining weight, which leads them to severely restrict their calorie intake, overexercise, or purge after eating. Treatment for anorexia includes medical stabilization, psychiatric care, nutritional support, and therapy. With the help of professional support, such as eating disorder treatment in Connecticut, many individuals can recover from anorexia and move towards a healthier lifestyle.
✓ Bulimia Nervosa
Bulimia involves binge eating followed by purging behaviors like vomiting, laxative use, or excessive exercise to prevent weight gain. Eating disorder counseling and treatment for bulimia includes addressing the underlying psychological issues, reducing harmful behaviors, and improving self-image.
✓ Binge Eating Disorder (BED)
BED involves consuming large amounts of food quickly, often accompanied by guilt and shame. BED treatment involves working with a multidisciplinary team, including therapists, dietitians, and medical professionals, to address the disorder’s emotional and physical aspects. With effective eating disorder treatment, individuals can learn to manage their binge eating and develop a more balanced relationship with food.
✓ Other Specified Feeding or Eating Disorder (OSFED)
The symptoms of OSFED are not consistent with anorexia, bulimia, or BED, but they still are significant. Treatment for OSFED typically involves a combination of therapy, nutritional counseling, and medical support tailored to the individual’s unique needs and concerns.
What Is Included In An Eating Disorder Treatment Plan?
Our dedicated team of doctors, psychiatrists, therapists, and nutritionists develop a customized treatment plan for each individual upon arrival at our Connecticut facility. This treatment plan will consider all aspects of the person’s recovery journey.
✓ Medical Stabilization
The treatment begins with a thorough medical examination to detect severe physical symptoms or complications. If the patient needs it, our medical team will stabilize them by giving them medicines, supportive therapy, or medical interventions.
✓ Nutritional Rehabilitation
Regaining a healthy relationship with food is a core component of treatment. We work closely with our dietitians and nutritionists to design personalized meal plans.
Using evidence-based psychotherapies such as Cognitive-Behavioral Therapy (CBT), Dialectical Behavior, and Acceptance and Commitment Therapy, our rehab addresses the underlying mental and emotional factors contributing to eating disorders’ development and maintenance). We also integrate group and family therapy sessions in our treatment plans to foster support, understanding, and communication.
✓ Skill Building and Coping Strategies
We teach people with eating disorders the skills and coping mechanisms they need to get better for good. It includes stress management, emotional regulation, and prevention of relapse.
✓ Aftercare Planning
At New Era Rehab, we work closely with patients to develop a robust aftercare plan as they progress through the program. A follow-up appointment and outpatient therapy are provided after the eating disorder treatment in Connecticut to help maintain progress.
Here at New Era Rehab, we provide our clients with the highest quality care and support they need to recover and thrive. Our mission is to inspire hope, self-love, and strength in our patients. With our dedicated team, you can confidently embrace a new era of wellness and reclaim the life you deserve.
How Long Does Eating Disorder Treatment Last?
Our thorough and caring eating disorder counseling and Connecticut treatment last 30-90 days. However, treating eating disorders involves a long-term commitment to therapy and treatment. Our eating disorder counseling and treatment programs vary depending on the patient’s requirements, the severity of the problem, and success in resolving disordered eating.
Types of Eating Disorder Therapy Offered in Connecticut
Here are the different types of eating disorder therapy that we offer in Connecticut to meet the unique needs of adolescents–
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT) – With CBT, adolescents can recognize and challenge their negative thoughts and assumptions about their eating disorders.
- Dialectical Behavioral Therapy (DBT) – Through DBT, adolescents can regulate their emotions and manage stress to recover successfully.
- Family-Based Treatment (FBT) – By involving family members in the treatment process, we foster a supportive and collaborative effort in our client’s path to recovery.
- Nutritional counseling – We have certified and registered dietitians in our team who provide balanced meal plans and educate our clients on healthy eating habits.
- Individual and group therapy – By participating in individual and group therapy sessions, adolescents can know they’re not alone and experience different therapeutic experiences.
- Mindfulness Practice – We help our clients engage in mindfulness through yoga and meditation, which are highly effective in dealing with an eating disorder.
Best Eating Disorder Treatment in Connecticut
If you’re looking for one of the best eating disorder treatment centers in Connecticut, the New Era Rehabilitation Center is your #1 choice. Here’s why we are the best–
- Expertise – Our team has experienced professionals who specialize in eating disorder treatment specifically for adolescents. Our experts utilize evidence-based therapies along with compassionate counseling. With their expertise, we ensure that our clients receive the best treatment available in Connecticut.
- Comprehensive approach – Our compulsive eating treatment in Connecticut is comprehensive and holistic. From medical stabilization to nutritional rehabilitation and psychotherapy, we consider different aspects that can be helpful for our client’s recovery. We also provide an aftercare plan to clients so that they can maintain their progress.
- Safe environment – Our treatment center offers a safe and nurturing environment without distractions to support our client’s recovery and well-being. Their physical and emotional well-being is our highest priority, and we ensure to provide a judgment-free zone while they recover.
- Tailored support – We understand that every young person and their recovery path is unique. That’s why we don’t believe in a one-size-fits-all approach during treatment. We customize our treatment plans to address every adolescent’s specific challenges properly.
- Family involvement – We recognize how important family involvement is during an eating disorder treatment. In our program, we actively involve parents and caregivers so that they can understand their loved one’s journey and also support them.
Inpatient VS. Outpatient Eating Disorder Treatments
People with eating disorders who need to be closely watched, stabilized, or gain weight should get treatment. The eating disorder treatment includes therapy, nutritional counseling, medical support tailored to the individual’s needs, personalized meal planning, group and individual therapy, and additional treatments like art therapy, yoga, and mindful meditation.
Our outpatient program is ideal for people who have stabilized their eating problems but need continuous help. This flexible and less rigorous method enables patients to retain their everyday routines, such as job, school, or family obligations, while getting assistance via planned treatment sessions and group activities.
New Era Rehab’s outpatient eating disorder counseling and treatment includes individual and group therapy, nutritional counseling, and specific programs for body image, self-esteem, and relapse prevention.
For Connecticut Eating Disorder Programs, Contact New Era Rehab
Transform your life with New Era Rehab’s eating disorder counseling and treatment. Please make an appointment with us by calling 203-344-0025. We offer eating disorder treatment in Bridgeport and New Haven.